NaaS Newsletter: August 2017
This month we’re bringing you access to a variety of articles, webinars, and analysts dedicated to SD-WAN and SD-Security to help you learn more about this technology and better advise your clients.
A C-Level View of SD-WAN
How does SD-WAN look from the perspective of the C-suite?
If you ask a group of 10 people what SD-WAN is, there’s a good chance you will get 10 different answers. So, which one is right? Well, that depends on your perspective. It is a fresh new approach to how you build your WAN to accomplish the following objectives:
- Move from legacy packet networking
- Eliminate dependencies on your network service provider.
- Make your enterprise tule cloud ready
- Eliminate dependencies on proprietary hardware
- Deliver a great user experience.
Webinar: Software-defining more than just the WAN
Software-defining the WAN is just one component to simplifying and cost reducing the enterprise branch. But why limit your transformation to just the WAN? Are you aware of the additional appliance and service consolidation that you can achieve when you look beyond just WAN connectivity? Have you considered the implications of security when it comes to direct Internet access (and the complexity that can add?)
- Implications of security due to SD-WAN-enabled direct Internet access
- Operational and financial benefits of virtualizing the full branch
- How SD-WAN is only one part of your next-gen branch & WAN architecture
The New Branch Office SD-WAN Model
How enterprises are combining SD-WAN with security & connectivity solutions
Some great opportunities are emerging for enterprise IT teams that can materially impact how the network is designed, paid for and managed.
- Public cloud is driving a lightweight edge security model
- Dual Internet circuits are becoming the default
- Non-carrier service providers can play an important role
- Carrier-neutral co-locations
- New monitoring tools, but who is responsible?
SD-WAN Industry Experts: People to Follow
Andrew Lerner – Research Vice President, Gartner
Andrew Lerner is a Vice President in Gartner Research. He covers enterprise networking, including data center, campus and WAN with a focus on emerging technologies (SDN, SD-WAN, and Intent-based networking). Full Bio Here.
Recent SD-WAN Blog Posts
Websites to Watch: Tech Target: Search SDN
TechTarget’s software-defined networking (#SDN) resource, covering architecture, network virtualization, and #OpenFlow standards.
- SDN Applications
- SDN Architecture
- Software- Defined Networking Standards & Research
- Software-Defined (SDN) Business Issues